|cadrage panoramique :
establishing / panoramic shot
|cadrage Sergio Leone:
1. The panoramic view, or establishing shot, places the character in his/her environment.
2. The full-length shot focuses on the character, and especially her body language, which tells us a lot here about her uneasiness.
3. The medium shot is how we usually see people when talking to them. So we have the illusion of being there, of communicating with the character.
4. The close shot allows the viewer to see the complexity of the character's feelings. Here, the contrast between the casual waving of the hand and the very sad expression on the face.
5. Both 5 and 6 frames are extremely intimate. We really share the character's feelings, identifying with her. We might probably see her eyes filled with tears.
Other useful expressions:
arrêt sur image freeze-frame champ shot contre-champ reverse shot contre-plongée upward / low-angle shot / tilt fondu-enchaîné dissolve plan shot / framing plan long long take plongée downward / high-angle shot /dip retour arrière reverse séquence sequence travelling trucking / tracking voix off voice over zoom AV, AR zooming in / out